Welcome to One Family Church where our vision is simple:
We are all one in Christ.
That’s it. That’s the vision of the world we are striving to build.
Everything we do is aimed at bringing people and God together in love. Everything we do is designed to create a world where we are all one under God in Christ through love.
We didn’t dream up this vision of the world. It’s not ours. It originated with the one we follow.
On the night Jesus was arrested—moments before he was tortured, and imprisoned—hours before he was nailed to a cross—he got down on his knees and prayed: “I pray . . . for those who will believe in me . . . that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us . . . that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
When you look at the life and ministry of Jesus, you see he was signaling this vision all along:
- His longest recorded conversation in the scripture was with a woman from a different ethnicity than his.
- His most famous parable featured a man of a different nationality who reached across the culture line to provide assistance to a victim of injustice.
- His great commission calls us to preach his message to “all the world.”
- When his cross became too heavy to carry, an African in Jerusalem picked it up to help him carry it.
- His death caused the veil in the Jewish temple—the veil that separated outsiders from the presence of God—to tear down the center, allowing every person on the planet to access God’s presence.