- Weekly Celebrations: Virtual Lobby and Prayer Rooms beginning June 7th every Sunday at 11:15a. JOIN HERE >
- Life Groups: Summer semester of Life Groups starts 6/1. Join a group to grow together HERE >
- Church-wide Zoom: Hosted by Pastor Brent, starting 6/4, every Thursday
- Shaw Campus Zoom: Hosted by Pastor Mark, every Tuesday starting on 6/2
- Catalyst Night (6/4): Students. Zoom. Party! 7:07p on First Thursday each month
- Curbside Food Drop-Off (6/13): Monthly event throughout the summer.
- Outdoor Gatherings: Drive-in event, outdoor concert, carnival style event. Masks, social distancing in place
- Limited indoor events: Praise break / Bible teaching / Special teaching relevant to current events.
- Family Reunion Party: No restrictions, all physical campuses back at full capacity
The doors may be closed but the church is wide open! Check below for the strategies we are implementing as a church to address the coronavirus pandemic.
Join us online live this Sunday at 9 & 10:15a!
Dear One Family,
As your pastor, I want you to know that the leadership team at One Family Church cares about you! We care about your body, mind and spirit. Please find below a list of resources that may be useful to you and your loved ones as we navigate this current global crisis. Remember, God is with you, and God is for you.
CHURCH @ HOME
We are committed to helping you stay connected to God and each other. We provide live-streamed services at 9:00 am and 10:15 am each Sunday. You can join us online at onefamilychurch.com/live. If you're interested in joining the church we are providing Next Steps via live Zoom call every Sunday at 11:15a on onefamilychurch.com/nextsteps.
We are committed to providing great resources for our kids and their parents. Check out our One Family Kids Facebook Page for great content at home.
We are committed to providing great resources for our 6th-12th graders. Check out our One Family Students Facebook Page for great content at home.
Please check in on the older adults and vulnerable persons in our church (those in your Life Group and on your Dream Team). This can be a frightening time for those at greater risk of illness. A call or text with a word of encouragement can go a long way. If you are a senior, and are in need of anything, please let us know! Our team is standing by to serve you in any way we can. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Family Church partners with several counseling organizations to serve people working through mental health challenges of all kinds. If you are in need of guidance during this season of increased anxiety and stress, reach out to one of these organizations.
We are committed to continue serving and supporting people in need and the ministries that provide vital social services to our community throughout this crisis. To participate with us in this commitment, join the growing number of people who take advantage of our online recurring giving option. Just go to the secure link on our website and take 3 minutes to sign up for recurring giving. This service makes giving easy for you and helps our church family by providing a consistent source of financial support for operations and ministry.
We are committed to continue serving our community in any way we can. Below are two new opportunities to serve that have arisen during this crisis.
- Masked Mamas - Facebook group of people with sewing ability dedicated to making home-made masks.
- University City Curbside Meals - Sign-up to help serve meals to children in the University City area, please contact Karen Bernstein (email@example.com).
- Brentwood Curbside Meals - To help serve meals to children in the Brentwood area, please contact Mary Hartnett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Love Inc is gathering supplies to serve homeless people staying downtown. Donation sign-up is here. Contacts are Nicole Mattingly or Christy Housley (email@example.com).
- Helping Hand Me Downs - coordinating food for their families. They have been inundated with requests because of COVID-19. Biggest needs are canned meat, pasta, applesauce, pasta sauce, hearty soups, canned veggies, fruit cups, boxes of rice, and granola bars . Meal kits are always a hit as well!! Contact is Stephanie Williamson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Even during this financial downturn, several companies are hiring. If you or someone you know needs employment, the following list provides links to companies who are looking to hire temporary, permanent, part-time and full-time employees.
- Vi-Jon (manufacturer of Germ-x) - When contacting the people below, please reference Andre’ Fuller. Andre’ is a member of One Family Church. Eydi Cavalieri Arriojas - Manager Employee Relation: email@example.com, 314-592-1503. For temporary work: Leonard Lott - Sr. Personnel Manager, Prologistix: firstname.lastname@example.org, 314- 400-7616
- Visiting Angels- South (home care company) - Apply online or call their office (314-842-5589) and ask for Dawn Mitchell
- Booz Allen Hamilton - Web service developers. Jane Torres is a member of One Family Church and is the contact - email@example.com
- Bluecrew (job app)
- Branding Iron Holdings (meat processing company)
- Domino’s Pizza
- Every Child’s Hope (children’s home)
- Hogan Truck Lines
- Jet’s Pizza
- LM Services (hotel staffing)
- Pizza Hut
- The Home Depot
- TVS (supply chain management)
Continue to fill your heart and mind with the eternal truths of God's word. Continue to spend time in prayer. Continue to read and meditate on scripture. Here's a link to past sermons and specifically our Strong & Courageous series.
CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER
This is what makes us a family. Please reach out to people on your team or in your Life Group. Check in to see how others are doing. Pray with one another. If you feel isolated or alone, please get connected to a Life Group or join our Dream Team. No one needs to be alone! If you are available to run errands, make food, or even potentially provide temporary housing for stranded college students, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope these resources help to allay any anxiety you may be feeling, and provide you with some action steps to keep you spiritually grounded, and personally connected with your friends and family. We are going to get through this together! We love you, and we have faith in God who is always in control!
Blessings to you and yours!
Pastor Brent and the leadership team at One Family Church